[Zope] ZSybaseDA not working

Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) amadorm@usm.edu.ec
Tue, 07 Nov 2000 02:00:37 -0500

Hi to everyone, especially the experts =)

The reason for this email is an urgent need for a Sybase ASE database to
work properly.  Here's the deal.  It worked like a charm on windows with
ODBC.    But now I moved to Linux, compiled ZSybaseDA and installed it.
It works for selects and updates, etcetera, both in the test tab and in
ZSQL methods.

BUT when I try to call a stored procedure, well, lemme paste the
traceback.  A traceback is worth a million explanations:

--------- traceback ----------------------------------------
Zope Error

                         Zope has encountered an error while publishing
this resource.

                         Error Type: Error
                         Error Value: Error processing exec
sp_gn_regionales
                         '0990006792001' , null , NULL Stored procedure
'sp_gn_regionales'
                         not found. Specify owner.objectname or use
sp_help to check whether
                         the object exists (sp_help may produce lots of
output).

                         Troubleshooting Suggestions

                             The URL may be incorrect.
                             The parameters passed to this resource may
be incorrect.
                             A resource that this resource relies on may
be encountering an error.

                         For more detailed information about the error,
please refer to the HTML
                         source for this page.

                         If the error persists please contact the site
maintainer. Thank you for your
                         patience.

                                           Cambiada el: 2000/10/30
16:03:22.4513 GMT-5
                  Website copyright grupo SUPÁN. Diseñado por Manuel
Amador (Rudd-O), OpenCorp

S.A.

Traceback (innermost last):
  File /usr/local/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 222, in
publish_module
  File /usr/local/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 187, in
publish
  File /usr/local/zope/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 221, in
zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: Traversable)
  File /usr/local/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 171, in
publish
  File /usr/local/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line 160, in
mapply
    (Object: index_html)
  File /usr/local/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 112, in
call_object
    (Object: index_html)
  File /usr/local/zope/lib/python/OFS/DTMLDocument.py, line 177, in
__call__
    (Object: index_html)
  File /usr/local/zope/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_String.py, line
528, in __call__
    (Object: index_html)
  File /usr/local/zope/lib/python/OFS/DTMLMethod.py, line 168, in
__call__
    (Object: form)
  File /usr/local/zope/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_String.py, line
528, in __call__
    (Object: form)
  File /usr/local/zope/lib/python/OFS/DTMLMethod.py, line 168, in
__call__
    (Object: dw_gn_regionales)
  File /usr/local/zope/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_String.py, line
528, in __call__
    (Object: dw_gn_regionales)
  File /usr/local/zope/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_In.py, line 633,
in renderwob
    (Object:
sp_gn_regionales(cod_empresa=REQUEST.cod_empresa,cod_regional=''))
  File /usr/local/zope/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_Util.py, line 337,
in eval
    (Object:
sp_gn_regionales(cod_empresa=REQUEST.cod_empresa,cod_regional=''))
    (Info: REQUEST)
  File <string>, line 0, in ?
  File /usr/local/zope/lib/python/Shared/DC/ZRDB/DA.py, line 453, in
__call__
    (Object: sp_gn_regionales)
  File /usr/local/zope/lib/python/Products/SybaseDAv2/db.py, line 299,
in query
  File /usr/local/zope/lib/python/Products/SybaseDAv2/db.py, line 333,
in _error
Error: (see above)
--------- end traceback --------------------------------------

I'm baffled.  I just got too accustomed to Zope so that we committed to
the development of reports on the Web instead of with PowerBuilder.  If
this doesn't work, I will have to sustain several hours of psychological
punishment, and I will have to dump Zope in favor of a better solution.
These kinds of things make Zope not suitable for enterprise
applications, where you can't rely on poorly documented things like
ZSybaseDA.  I'm even angry at liking Zope now.

For the record, I'm using Sybase ASE 11.9.2 with the latest OpenClient
RPM from Sybase.com.  As you can see, this is a ZSybaseDA problem since
everything but the stored procedures return data or alter/update it.

I need an answer soon.  OR, at least a hint of where could I tap
information sources to DigitalCreations directly for commercial support,
regarding Sybase support for our needs.
I read about the agreement between Sybase and Digital Creations.  But I
can't find any information regarding Zope support in either Digital
Creations' or Sybase's web sites.

And I have exactly one week.

Any suggestions, fixes, patches, OR alternatives are welcome.

Many thanks.

PD: Can I authenticate using GUF against the Sybase database security
system?  If so, how?
--
Manuel Amador (Rudd-O)