[Zope] Persistence triggering

Max M maxmcorp@worldonline.dk
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 20:31:57 +0100

From: Chris McDonough [mailto:chrism@digicool.com]

>You can also do:

>self.list.append(item)
>self._p_changed = 1

>This explicitly tells the ZODB to include the object represented by self in
>the current transaction.

Yes but I have avoided using it as I wanted to make a class that is "Pure"
Python so I can edit and debug it without zope, and then write a "small"
wrapper class to make it a product.

Somehow I had gotten it into my head that I could not do that with,
self._p_changed = 1 because it isn't defined in my class but inherited.
Funny how you can get your head the wrong way around things. Naturally it
will have no effect on my own class if I set that value. So I guess I will
use that.

Thanks for the help.

Regards Max M