[Zope] Python Zope Method as option for renamed Python Method?

Jason Cunliffe jasonic@nomadicsltd.com
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 10:39:14 -0500

Hamish Lawson <hamish_lawson@yahoo.co.uk> wrote

> In the poll currently underway on renaming options for Python Methods,
> the most popular choice so far is to leave the name as it is. It could
> just be because people don't see enough benefit in changing what's
> already there, but I think it may be that people actively feel that the
> term 'method' captures some technical essence. However, we still have
> the problem of disambiguating between a method in Zope's eyes and a
> method in the implementation language. How about calling anything that
> Zope regards as a method a Zope Method? That would then give us Python
> Zope Method, Perl Zope Method, DTML Zope Method, SQL Zope Method, etc.
> Is it too late to add the option for Python Zope Method to the poll?

YES. I agree this makes a _lot_ of sense.

It also means in any forms or menu popup boxlist, the most important
distinguishing words will be shown first:

Python Zope Method
Perl Zope Method
SQL Zope Method
DTML Zope Method