[Zope] PHP/Zope Guru

Vincent - D. Ertner Vincent - D. Ertner" <vincent@eec.de
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 21:25:22 +0100

Hi folks,

first of all I'd like to apologize for crossposting this message. I'm
well aware of the fact that this isn't they way it should be done, but
I considered this the probably most promising alternative. Enough
about this.

I want to setup a major database project. It is supposed to cover the
administration (entering, changing, deleting) of recordsets, as well
als a search engine (resultspace narrowed by several different
criteria chosen from a form) ending up in resultlists and detailed
views of the recordsets.

I started with PHP (LAMP) and then came across Zope. Zope impresses me
and I like the simple concept of PHP.

There I am now considering the pros and cons ... and then a thought
stroke my mind: Why not ask the pros professionals?

So I finally decided to create this awful crossposting ... so: Are
there any pros who already dealt with a similar matter?

Any detailed information on how and *why* one or the other solution
rulez would be highly appreciated and helpful, as I have to argue the
decision for one or the other system with the initiators of the
project.

Thanx for reading a lot, hope hearing from u pals soon ...

Cheers,

Vince

 '''
 τΏτ