[Zope] RE: Wampum Generator (tar in WinZip)

Harris Peter PHarris@jimbeam.co.uk
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 16:30:26 -0000

Hi
	Just want to mention one pitfall in WinZip - by default it CR/LFs
all files
	extracted from a tar archive (unless you turn that option off).
Note that
	the option is NOT on the "extract files" dialog.

	It hosed 150Mb of .deb files today - and I didn't realise until I
had
	burned them onto a CD.  I couldn't believe that was what it was
doing at
	first. "Nah", I thought, "how would it know which files were
binaries?"
	Turns out it doesn't know. It doesn't care either.

	In case you want to avoid this happening to you, note that
PowerArchiver
	is more or less like WinZip but it can handle bzip2 as well, and
it's FREE.

Peter

This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential.
The contents may not be disclosed or used by anyone other
than the addressee.
If you have received this communication in error, please delete
the message and notify JBB (Greater Europe) Plc immediately
on 0141-249-6285.

The views expressed in this email are not necessarily the views
of JBB (Greater Europe) PLC.
 As it has been transmitted over a public network,
JBB (Greater Europe) PLC makes no representation nor accepts
any liability for the email's accuracy or completeness unless
expressly stated to the contrary.

Should you, as the intended recipient, suspect that the message
has been intercepted or amended, please notify
JBB (Greater Europe) Plc immediately on 0141-249-6285.