[Zope] Is data.fs corrupted?

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 11:41:25 +0000

Chris McDonough wrote:

> I'm going to take a guess.  It would appear AFAICT that the ZDiscussions
> product installed an object which it hung off the root object (the
> application object) when it was first imported.

Don't rememebr seeing anything like this in ZDiscussions when I was
looking over the code...

> The point being that I'd bet we'd find a programming error staring at us in
> this sequence of events if we looked hard enough.  Though it's tempting to
> call it a "ZODB corruption" problem, if you really get down to the lower
> levels, it's likely an application-level problem.

Maybe it's a Zope-level rather than ZODB level problem? Maybe some of
the ZClass machinery or product registration machinery is screwing
things up?

Given that people have reported this from more than one product now, I'd
be inclined to think it's not random bits of bad code in products. Maybe
there's a method/pattern which used to be okay/recommended which is now
causing problems?

cheers,

Chris