[Zope] Is data.fs corrupted?

Stefan H. Holek stefan@epy.co.at
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 15:45:00 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 10 Nov 2000, Chris McDonough wrote:

> > FWIW, I can also report this problem with ZDiscussions. In my case it
> > stemmed from not properly deleting the ZDiscussion product before moving
> > my Data.fs from 2.1.6 to 2.2.1 (I think). The symptom then was beeing
> > unable to create ZSQL Methods (!) because of a missing
> > ../Products/ZDBase/ZDiscussions.py file which I "fixed" by installing
> > ZDBase again
>
> Man that's weird.  But it's good info.  Does the current PTK include
> ZDiscussions?

Ah yes, I also had some PTK version installed in the 2.1.6 Zope; in case
this might be of importance.

> > I can however NOT import the ZDiscussions.zexp
> > anymore because of "Duplicate Class Ids".
>
> So it looks like a ZClass didn't get cleaned up properly when you deleted
> the ZDiscussions through-the-web product.  It might mean that there's a
> reference to an object in that area somewhere else in the ZODB.

I believe I *did not* delete ZDiscussions, but brought my Data.fs to
2.2.1 without having the product installed there. Operator error, I
suppose ;)

Funny thing is that I did not *use* any ZDiscussions, PTK or whatever
objects (anymore), just had the products hang around thinking they
were stale anyway...

Regards,
Stefan