[Zope] Can Zope use a Different Python?

Gary Perez garyp@asti-usa.com
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 13:38:38 -0500

Hi.

We've got Zope 2.2.2 installed on a Linux box. We want to be able to use
the full-up python that's on the box instead of the python interpreter
that comes with Zope for playing with External Methods.

Is there any way to circumvent Zope's python in this way?

If not, what's the easiest way to extend Zope to be able to use our
non-Zope python?

Alternatively, we're plagued by import and attribute errors when
accessing the External Methods. Will simply moving (or linking?) all the
pieces (whatever.py, __init__.py, etc.) into a subdirectory of "Shared"
fix the problem?

Thanks in advance for your help.
-GMP