[Zope] HiperDom

Rik Hoekstra rik.hoekstra@inghist.nl
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 13:14:51 +0100

Chris Withers wrote:

> Lalo Martins wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, Nov 10, 2000 at 10:28:44AM +0000, Chris Withers wrote:
> > >
> > > Oh yeah, while I'm here, how's the HiperDOM project getting on? That
> > > stuff would be reeeeaally useful for a project here...
> >
> > HiperDom is usable right now; we've been quite quiet because
> > we're working on documentation and unit testing (and to have
> > unit testing, we had to have ZUnit).
>
> > Right now, we would "reeeeaally" encourage you to use HiperDom
> > in your project, specially if the deployment schedule >= 2
> > months, and then pleeeeease send us that feedback :-)
>
> I'd love to, but it'd be 'reeeeaally' helpful to have some documentation
> and a download with some explanation/help for someone as brain dead as
> me on a Monday morning ;-)
>
> Is that available yet?

I believe you should be able to import it and use the example document
in the distribution (after you applied the patch also in the
distribution and imported it into Zope).

On the other hand: I did that, and Hiperdom would neither expand nor
display, in both giving some xml Node exception. So in fact I thought it
was still under construction. The 'patching' was on win32 and manual, so
I probably did something wrong ;-(. However, in a python test setup the
module did work (?)

Rik