[Zope] help

Farrell, Troy troy.farrell@wilcom.com
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 13:35:38 -0600

You need to add a user.  The superuser cannot own any objects inside zope.
Go to the folder called acl_users and add a user with manager permissions.
Close all copies of your browser.  Open a new one and login as the new user.
Then you will be able to add objects.
See also:
http://www.zope.org/Members/michel/ZB/

Troy

-----Original Message-----
From: Padrino [mailto:mpena@mpsnet.com.mx]
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2000 1:24 PM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] help

Well I Installed Zope
But When I Want To Add A Folder Or A File The Next Mesagge Apearse to me

Well I have This Permitions in every file of the zope
777
nobody:nobody
With Red Hat 6.2

Zope Error

        Error Type: SuperCannotOwn
        Error Value: Objects cannot be owned by the superuser

        Troubleshooting Suggestions

            The URL may be incorrect.
            The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.
            A resource that this resource relies on may be encountering
an error.

        For more detailed information about the error, please refer to
the HTML source for this page.

        If the error persists please contact the site maintainer. Thank
you for your patience.

Traceback (innermost last):
  File /root/src/Zope-2.2.2-src/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
222, in publish_module
  File /root/src/Zope-2.2.2-src/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
187, in publish
  File /root/src/Zope-2.2.2-src/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 221,
in zpublisher_exception_hook
  File /root/src/Zope-2.2.2-src/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
171, in publish
  File /root/src/Zope-2.2.2-src/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line
160, in mapply
    (Object: manage_addFolder)
  File /root/src/Zope-2.2.2-src/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
112, in call_object
    (Object: manage_addFolder)
  File /root/src/Zope-2.2.2-src/lib/python/OFS/Folder.py, line 116, in
manage_addFolder
  File /root/src/Zope-2.2.2-src/lib/python/OFS/ObjectManager.py, line
267, in _setObject
    (Object: ApplicationDefaultPermissions)
  File /root/src/Zope-2.2.2-src/lib/python/AccessControl/Owned.py, line
271, in manage_fixupOwnershipAfterAdd
    (Object: Traversable)
SuperCannotOwn: (see above)

Well I Will Be Waiting your Answer thanks For Your Help

Sincerly
Manuel Alejandro Peņa Sānchez