[Zope] Re: can multiple users access gadfly database simultaneously ?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 23:31:07 +0100 (CET)

jacintha menezes writes:
 >     When two users enter their login name & password and press enter
 > simultaniously,the first who entered among the two gets the following error.
 >
 > Error Type: SyntaxError
 > Error Value: unexpected token sequence.near :: 'of_que\012from noq'*''
 > ******************************* current state = 277 expects: '*', ';', ')',
 > 'ORDER', ('nomatch1',) current token = ((-6, 'FROM'), 'FROM')
That looks as if Gadfly would not be thread safe.
More precisely, as if the parser state got mangled by concurrent
thread activity.

When I looked at the code of ZGadflyDA (some years ago), I thought
that the Gadfly database adapter would set a global lock and therefore
behave like a monitor. In such a case, such behaviour should not
be observable. Maybe, I was mislead or something changed meanwhile.

 > waiting for your immediate reply.
                    ^^^^^^^^^
I am in doubt whether I shall get angry.
I won't -- yet.
But please keep in mind, that neither me nor the list has any obligations
towards you.

Dieter