[Zope] ZGDChart product...

Furbach, Andreas andreas.furbach@eds.com
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 07:02:37 -0000

Hello.

The function _chartdata in ZGDchart.py returns only one label column and one
data column.
You may want to change this to:

        def _chartdata(self):
                """
                return the first and second columns of sql query
                results as a pair of tuples
                """
                rows = getattr(self, self.SQL)()
                # data[0] is list of labels
                data =  []
                start = 0
                for row in rows:
                        # each row is a list of fields
                        # initialize empty lists for each column
                        if start == 0:
                          start = 1
                          for i in range(len(row)):
                            data.append([])
                        #
                        # Only insert rows with zero values if
                        # it is not a pie chart
                        # Pie Chart only makes sense with 1 data column
                        #
                        for i in range(len(row)):
                            if (self.REQUEST['zgdchart_runtime_type'] !=
GDC_3DPIE and self.REQUEST['zgdchart_runtime_type'] != GDC_2DPIE) or row[1]
!= 0:
                              #
                              # Coerce the first field into a string
                              # and other fields into a float
                              #
                              if i == 0:
                                  data[i].append( str  (row[i]))
                              else:
                                  data[i].append( float(row[i]))
                #
                # convert lists to tuples
                # apparently, gdchart.chart() accepts lists
                # as well, but I better check with
                # M Steed first.
                #
                # I just tried.
                return data

***

and restart Zope, which worked for me.

Andreas Furbach
EDS Informationstechnologie und Service GmbH
Semerteichstr. 50-52
D-44141 Dortmund

Tel.: 0231 / 944-1533
mailto: andreas.furbach@eds.com