[Zope] Web mail with POP3

Joachim Werner joachim.werner@iuveno.de
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 18:28:00 +0100

Look at Morten Petersen's ZopeGUM project
(http://www.zope.org/Members/morphex). It has POP3. The interface is still
more or less missing, but Morten is advancing quite well ...

Also see my comments below ...

Joachim

----- Original Message -----
From: Aleksander Salwa <ololo@zeus.polsl.gliwice.pl>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2000 9:28 AM
Subject: [Zope] Web mail with POP3

> I need to build a web mail product with pop3 back-end.
> There is WorldPilot, but AFAIK it has no pop3 support.
> I'm thinking about taking web inteface/application design from WorldPilot
> and writing code to talk to pop3 server (probably based on POPMail
> product).
> Is this a good approach, or someone already has wrote something like this
> for Zope ?

WorldPilot is completely IMAP-centric. The users are authenticated against
the IMAP server, and all mail data is stored there. The frontend code is NOT
really IN Zope, but just published VIA Zope. So integrating POPMail with
WorldPilot is virtually impossible . You might of course reuse the design
and HTML code from WorldPilot ...