[Zope] security problems

Bowyer, Alex BowyerA@logica.com
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 10:57:19 +1100

I am having some problems with getting the right security settings for my
ZClass.
I have one method index_html which should be viewable by anonymous.
All other methods should only be viewable when a username/password is
entered for someone with the role I have called UAAdmin
One thing that is causing complications is that the index_html makes use of
a few dtml-vars, an external Python method, and one view method also called
index_html from another class. It may be I need to change these items'
permissions as well.

I can only seem to get full access to all pages (if I grant a proxy on
index_html) or password access required on all items (by specifying
permissions for the class instance) neither of which are the correct
solution.

Could someone tell me the right combination of permissions, define
permissions and roles I need to get this working.. it's all getting a bit
confusing.

Thanks

Alex

Alex Bowyer