[Zope] The new Python Method renaming Poll

Andrew Kenneth Milton akm@mail.theinternet.com.au
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 14:24:48 +1000

+-------[ Michel Pelletier ]----------------------
| Andrew Kenneth Milton wrote:
| >
| > +-------[ Michel Pelletier ]----------------------
| > |
| > |     asking the question "Who is buried in Grant's tomb?".  Duh.
| >
| > Perhaps for the non-americans, someone can tell us why the answer to this is
| > 'nobody.'
|
| Oops.  Ulysses S. Grant is buried in Grant's tomb. He was President of
| the US from 1869-1877.  The question "Who's buried in Grant's tomb?" is
| from, I belive, a Marx Brothers' skit.  The answer is supposed to be
| obvious (to Americans, at least).

That's the problem it seems obvious, but, it isn't, it's one of the
all time hall of fame 'trick questions'.

http://personal.pitnet.net/bbb/funnies/sf_18i1.htm

THE WORLD'S EASIEST TEST...
------------------------
     This test has just twenty questions (and one bonus
question), so you should be able to answer them all in just a few
minutes.  Write down your answers and see how you do ...

[snip]

     20)  Who's buried in Grant's Tomb?

[snip]

     20)  Though the bodies of both President Grant and his wife
          are contained inside the famous tomb and New York City
          landmark, they are not buried.  In an above ground
          tomb, bodies aren't buried, they are "entombed."
          ANSWER: Nobody is buried in Grant's Tomb.

--
Totally Holistic Enterprises Internet|  P:+61 7 3870 0066   | Andrew Milton
The Internet (Aust) Pty Ltd          |  F:+61 7 3870 4477   |