[Zope] Zope / DCOracle / ZOracleDA / Oracle 7.3.3 crash/respawn problem

Chris Beaumont cbeaumon@msri.org
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 14:30:31 -0800

Zopatistas!

;)

I am using the most recent versions of (Linux) DCOracle and ZOracleDA to
connect my Zope (2.1.6) installation to a copy of Oracle 7.3.3 running
on another (Solaris) machine. The Oracle database is rock solid, but I
have been having a problem with Zope, one I need to fix.

Basically, Zope is occasionally crashing when an SQL query is made.
(with valid or invalid syntax.. it doesn't matter)

This happens several times a day and makes the website unavailable for
two or three minutes while Zope restarts. Obviously, this will not do
for a production website.

I have noticed that some other people have had this problem and posted
to the list in the past.

Please, if you know the solution to this..and have a moment, let me know
what you did, or think I should do.

Compilation tips, or a stable combination of ZOracleDA/DCOracle that I
can use...

Reliability is very important to this project.

Thank you,
Chris Beaumont
cbeaumon@msri.org