[Zope] Permission problems...

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 00:06:41 +0100 (CET)

Curtis Maloney writes:
 > I really can't understand this...  I am logged in as my normal Manager role
 > user, editing away on my site.  In the management section, no problems...  I
 > can edit, add and delete to my hearts content.
 >
 > However, when I try the normal view, one a certain page I get permission
 > problems... It won't let me log in with _any_ users, even tho my permissions
 > seem set correctly.
 >
 > The object in question is, in fact, standard_html_header, of all things.
 > With the way the objects are set up, it's only rendering the same objects as
 > from the previous page, with a little extra processing due to submitted form
 > values.
This is definitely not enough information.

Either your permissions are strange (you ruled this out) or
"standard_html_header" contains something strange that
maybe triggers a Zope bug (2.1.6. contained such bug,
when you e.g. used 'ZopeFind' or 'ZopeFindAndApply').

We may help you, if you post your "standard_html_header".

Dieter