[Zope] Version Lock/save/discard Problem

Júlio Dinis Silva juliodinis@hotmail.com
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 16:21:42 -0000

>I created a version in my zope root in which I've been working
>for some days. I created some objects on my root folder when
>working on my version which caused root to became locked.
>
>Now I want to save/commit my version. I go to the save/discard form
>and the save form post looks to work okay, i.e, I have a undo log
>of this commit and If I try to save again Zope tells me there
>is nothing else to save in the current version.
>
>But... when I try to delete my version I get a VersionLockError,
>and my root folder is still being locked.
>
>Same goes to Discard, i.e, apparentely zope do the save/discard but
>the locked files/folders continues there.
>
>I've tryed with superuser, and even on the Control Panel Version manage,
>with no luck.
>
>I'm using zope222.
>I'm using latest release of ZEO.
>I do a pack to my Data.fs on a daily basis.
>
>Anyone had this problem, any help?

I saw in a post someone saying that a Pack to the Database solved
the problem he had with versions.
In fact, after doing a pack to my database I can now discard and
delete my version but the save operation do some weird things
like Documents become Folders !?!

Júlio Dinis Silva