[Zope] Search and replace

Ender kthangavelu@earthlink.net
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 05:04:52 -0800

tom smith wrote:

> on 21/11/00 3:05 am, Ender at kthangavelu@earthlink.net wrote:
>
> > Sadly this is a constraint of zope ide's being browser based (or based
> > on current browsers). I would eagerly like to help out with a project
> > that would like to see this changed.  Building such an interface with
> > gnome or kde would be possible, indeed there are already efforts
> > underway to do both
>
> Surely something written in python and Tk would be better, so that the
> editor could also be run on macs, PCs as well as Linux.

tk on the macs is flaky, i'm not to sure of Tk's widget potential to do
the needed html rendering quickly ( i haven't looked at grail in a while
though).

mozilla really seems like the only strong option for cross-platform dev
of a zope ide.

good news though,  from

http://www.python9.org/p9-applications.html

At a minimum, these sessions will cover the following: The Komodo
Integrated Development Environment, a Mozilla-based, cross platform IDE
which is both extensible and network-oriented; The Python-XPCOM
bindings, which allow the Python programmer to build Mozilla-based
applications and script them; Python for .NET, a new port of Python to
Microsoft's .NET platform; and Visual Python, a plugin for Visual Studio
.NET, which allows the Visual Studio programmer to integrate Python into
her          development environment.

kapil