[Zope] ZCatalog: setting default to AND (not OR).

The Doctor What docwhat@gerf.org
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 22:12:30 -0600

I'm sorry.  I seem to have not explained myself very well.

I want ZCatalog to use AND by default.  I think the extended
behaviour, being able to AND and OR keywords together is fine.  I'm
only concerned with the default behaviour (with *no* OR or AND
keywords).

When I first used zope.org's search engine, I couldn't figure out
why if searched for "zcatalog siteaccess" it gave me (seemingly)
every article on the site except the one(s) I wanted.

It's because I expected AND to be the default (the union) of the two
terms, not an OR list.  Frankly, I don't think OR is useful at all
by it self.  It's usually with an AND that it's most useful.

But that's just my humble opinion.  Oh wait, I don't do humble....so
that's just my opinion. ;-)

I wish everyone a happy holiday, whether it's Thanksgiving or
"Laborday/Thanksgiving" (as NPR said Japan was having).

Ciao!

--
Now is the time for all good men to come to.
	 -- Walt Kelly

The Doctor What: <fill in the blank>             http://docwhat.gerf.org/
docwhat@gerf.org                                                   KF6VNC