[Zope] [Urgent] Zope good for multiprocessor hardware

Andreas Tille tillea@rki.de
Thu, 23 Nov 2000 07:30:25 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 16 Nov 2000 Andreas Tille wrote:

> we intent to buy new web server hardware.  We want to run Debian GNU/Linux
> on a Sun system.  I wonder if zope could profit from a multi-processor
> architecture on such a system.
> Zope server starts several threads.  So could they be split over the
> different processors automatically, can I enforce it or is it not
> possible.
Sorry for quoting myself but I need this information today because we
have a meeting with some salesman.  If I can not clearly answer this
question it might be bad for implementing zope in our institute because
a wrong designed hardware could lead to another software than zope and
this would be a shame.

Kind regards

     Andreas.