[Zope] seeking zope success stories in higher education

Jerome Alet alet@unice.fr
Fri, 24 Nov 2000 12:07:31 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

We are planning to choose a platform to build a portal for distance
learning, with which we want to Build and Serve online multimedia courses,
online exams, calendars, keep track of students work and results, forums,
etc...

I've got a list of criterias the platform must fill to be chosen, and at
first glance Zope fills at least 90% of them, and probably more if I look
more closely at the Zope products already available.

This is a big project, and some people
have already done some work using WebCT. I've read in the zope-edu wicki
the comment on WebCT, I already know that many people (at least 35) are
interested byt his subject because they are referenced as contributors in
this wicki, so I naively conclude I'm right in thinking that Zope is the
good choice for us.

So I have to write a document explaining the pros (and cons) of choosing
Zope, and I want some references of Zope uses in higher education if
possible.

Please could someone send me any testimonial on the (successful or not,
and why) use of Zope in higher education, the products which might help us
(we will at least need SquishDot, the LDAP adapter, the Oracle adapter,
the KnowledgeBase product, etc...). I'm also interested in testimonials
about the use of WebCT or similar products.

Thank you very much.

PS: As always this is urgent :-(

Jerome ALET - alet@unice.fr - http://cortex.unice.fr/~jerome
Fac de Medecine de Nice        http://wwwmed.unice.fr
Tel: (+33) 4 93 37 76 30     Fax: (+33) 4 93 53 15 15
28 Avenue de Valombrose - 06107 NICE Cedex 2 - FRANCE