[Zope] ZCatalog and Zsearch Interface.

Srinath Mantripragada srinath.man@cpm.com.br
Fri, 24 Nov 2000 15:22:06 -0200

Hi,

I need to know how does the search works.

The index of Catalog is made based in a pythonMethod that returns an
concatenated text with the contents of a lot of fields

I made an external method in python that do the search and sort the entire
result.
Itīs an priorized sort, that i need to priorize the keywords, so the results
that have the searched text in the keywords list will be showed first.

I made the sort by dividing the resuilts in two secondaries lists, one that
contains the results with searched text in the keywords and the another that
does not.
finaly I return the two lists concatenated.

I need to know if there is a better way to do the priorized search in many
fields and if the solution that I made will "destroy"  the serverīs memory
and/or cpu.

If possible, i want to know how the ZsearchInterface works  internally..

Thanks..

Srinath M.