[Zope] images last-modified bug?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 24 Nov 2000 21:53:49 +0100 (CET)

Júlio Dinis Silva writes:
 > I read sometime ago of a bug in zope not sending images header
 > last-modified, which cause browsers to always get images from
 > zope not using the browser's cache....
This only affects "App.ImageFile" objects.
These are image objects that are in the filesystem and not in the
ZODB. Usually, they are only used in Zope's management interface,
although special applications may use them too.
However, most images in Zope are "OFS.Image" objects that
do send "Last-Modified" headers.

In Zope 2.2.4 (to be released soon), the problem is fixed.
The "b1" version has fixed it, too, but a small bug slipped
in causing some images to be broken.
Today, I saw a patch in the mailing list.

Dieter