[Zope] ZClass within ZClass

Daryl Stultz daryl@together.net
Sun, 26 Nov 2000 16:19:34 -0500

Tim Cook wrote:

> But, If you subclass OFS:Folder when building CDLibrary and
> CDManager then they can 'contain' other objects.
> A HOWTO that really helped me was the one on building a Job
> Board.

Yes, that's precisely where I started, however, the actual product is a
job_board_entry. What I want is a product that IS the entire job board,
contains an object that is a job_board_entry manager (holds the entries)
and then, the user creates job_board_entries.

In the example, the job board itself, and the "manager" are done with
folders. Following the ZCMG example (Stan's InstantSite), I can clone
such a setup - but I don't get full class modification cascading, i.e.,
once it's duplicated, only changes to the job_board_entry class will
carry through existing job boards.

I'll keep at it, though. I hope this is all clear.
Thanks.
--
"I ain't no stewin' rabbit, I'm a fricassein' rabbit. Have you got a
fricassein' rabbit license?"

Daryl Stultz - python, blender, robots, really bad harmonica playing...
daryl@together.net
RedHat Linux 6.1 - Dual Pentium Pro