[Zope] WebDav-support / Index_html versus index.html

Pieter Biemond biemond@mxi.nl
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 12:54:33 +0100

Hi,

I'm planning to setup a Zope server for our company. We have a lot of people
with HTML-knowledge and a lot of people who would like to use Microsoft
Frontpage 2000, both from Windows98/NT workstations. The maintenance for
them must be as easy as possible. At this moment their using a shared
network drive (linux server with apache and samba installed). We're thinking
of installing Zope and WebDAV for dynamic content. The main reason for using
Zope is to get rid of the HTML-frames we are using now, and to maintain a
uniform layout. In future we would like to personalise some pages and to add
a webforum (Squishdot).

Can anybody answer the following questions:
* Has anybody implemented something like this before? Any pittfals I should
watch out for?
* Why is the default file index_html and not index.html
  (Windows doesn't want to open files without extensions).
* Should I install 2.2.2. now, or are there any WebDav-updates in 2.2.4?
* Is it possible to backup all files from Zope easily? (for example use a
command-line webdav-client to pull everything out of the Zope database). I
would like to have all the files backed up on a regular filesystem, rather
than a proprietary database.

Thanks,
Regards,

Pieter Biemond