[Zope] ZODBC configuration problems

paul_s_johnson@urscorp.com paul_s_johnson@urscorp.com
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 09:59:32 -0600

Alas, I am but a Zope newbie and need help getting my database connections
to work.  I have previously configured the ODBC Data Source Administrator
to link Access mdbs with the PERL DBI module and it has worked with no
problems.  I have installed the ZODBC product and in the Zope database
connection window all the names of the ODBC data sources that have been
configured show up in the listbox. Upon attempting to add any of the data
sources I receive the error "Invalid connection string" except for one of
the databases that Zope does accept.  Upon testing this database connection
with a test query I get the following error:

Error Type: sql.error
Error Value: ('42000', -1907, "[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver]
Record(s) can't be read; no read permission on 'ProjectSheets'.")

The permissions on this database are such that any anonymous user can
access its data so the error message appears to be inaccurate.  I double
checked the db permissions to make sure this is the case.

I am running Zope on NT 4.0 and using Access 97.  The logged-in user on the
webserver is not a member of any Access-related workgroups so this
eliminates most security-related access issues (I think) and none of the
databases are passworded.

There's some flakiness going on here.  Any recommendations for isolating
and resolving these problems?

Thanks,

P. Johnson