[Zope] 2.2.4 upgrade query

Brian Lloyd brian@digicool.com
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 11:29:51 -0500

> Further to my paniced posting earlier, I reinstalled 2.2.0, copied over my
> data.fs* and various products and everything fired up fine but i did one
> experiment (following on from Chris) - i didnt install zdiscussions. This
> resulted in major oids errors and my broken zclass as before/ install
> zdiscussions and bingo i am back in business. so. two questios:
>
> 1. why does my zclass appear to require zdiscussions when it is not
> based on it?

Not sure on that...

> 2. does 2.2.4 contain some parts of what was previously the standalone
> zdiscussions product?

No. The only thing I could think of is maybe some change in
the way products are registered or something that affects
ZDiscussions badly. I'm just guessing here. Have you tried
going from 2.2.0 -> 2.2.1 or 2.2.2? If you see the same thing
on one of them, that would narrow it down and we could look at
the diffs between those releases and see if anything looks
suspicious...

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909