[Zope] Possible disaster upgrading to 2.2.4

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 12:41:33 -0500

"ZDBase" isn't part of Zope 2.2.4.  It's an add-on (but you probably knew
that already).

The ZDiscussions product AFAICT does something very wrong when it installs
itself for the first time.  There have been numerous reports of problems
with it when the Zope underneath of it changes.  I don't know why.  It'd be
great to get it figured out.  I have a feeling that it plays games by
installing some sort of singleton somewhere in the objectbase which doesn't
get cleaned up when it's uninstalled.

Other folks said packing didn't help.

"ZODB corruption" (which I continue to maintain --somewhat quixotically--
that it's really not, not in a literal sense anyway) will continue to
manifest itself in the way you see it now.  If it's not otherwise
interrupting operations, the only continued symptoms will be the oid errors
you see.  You might be able to "start anew" by exporting all the objects in
your Zope root to .zexp or .xml files (as well as all your TTW ZClass
Products) and by subsequently reinstalling them in a new 2.2.4 instance
(along with any requisite disk-based Products).