[Zope] Factoids for supporting zope

Dennis Nichols nichols@tradingconnections.com
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 14:00:25 -0600

At 11/28/00 11:34 AM, albert boulanger wrote:
>    From: "Chris McDonough" <chrism@digicool.com>
> >   Ah.  Well, my opinion is that it'd be fairly dangerous to make the
> assertion
> >   that (as great as they both are) Zope and the Zope community can "make up
> >   for" the other half of the capital they need to develop the software they
> >   want.  So what's the decision they're trying to make?  Whether to
> develop at
> >   all?
>
>Whether to go with portal products from Plumtree or iPlanet.

If this implies that you are considering using Zope's PTK, then you should
be aware of this: You can *not* get commercial support from Digital
Creations for PTK because PTK is not a released product. If you think you
may need such support before PTK gets to 1.0, then you had best not use the
PTK. But that's no reason to not use the rest of Zope.