[Zope] html expertise anyone.

Robin Becker robin@jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 00:34:30 +0000

In article <00a501c05999$460c1840$0202a8c0@typhoon>, Phil Harris
<phil.harris@zope.co.uk> writes
>Robin,
>
>My educated guess is that what you want can't be achieved other than with
>css.
>
>The <a> tag has no properties for changing colors of one particular link.
>
>The <body> tag is the only place for this and as you know this changes them
>globally.
>
>This taken from the HTML reference Library:
>
><A HREF="link_destination"
>NAME="URL_fragment"
>TITLE="Title_of_destination"
>REL="Forward_relationship"
>REV="Reverse_relationship"
>URN="Uniform_Resource_Name"
>METHODS="Function_information"
>TARGET="Name_of_target_window_or_frameset"
>ACCESSKEY="Shortcut_setting"
>LANG="Document language"
>LANGUAGE="Script_language"
>INDEXSTRING="NetHelp_index_keyword"
>TOCSTRING="NetHelp_contents_entry"
>CLASS="className"
>ID="unique_id"
>STYLE="style_setting"
>DATAFLD="Column name"
>DATASRC="Data Source"

this isn't complete as it's easy to show that

<a style="color: red" href=url>text</a>

does work as do inlines for font-weight etc. The problem is that the CSS
attributes are :link,  etc ie pseudo classes and there doesn't seem to
be any way to get at class values in inline styles.

I'm using named CSS classes, but the complexities of CSS are a bit of a
pain.
--
Robin Becker