[Zope] strange behaviour of ZSQL methods

Oliver Bleutgen Oliver Bleutgen <myzope@gmx.net>
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 15:35:41 +0100

> Hi listies,

> something strange is happening with my ZSQL methods. I have a huge query
> that works great when testing it in the management-interface - it returns
> about 10 records or so.
> but when I implement it into a dtml-method getting the parameters via
> REQUEST as usual, I am getting the whole database in return.
> I'm quite sure that it's my own fault, so I'd like to see the translated
> SQL-query in the dtml-method to check for the wrong fields. Is there a tag
> for it like: <dtml-var MyZSQLQuery showRenderedSQLsource> ?

You didn't tell what SQL-Database you use, but Postgres and Mysql allow
logging/monitoring of the queries they get. So you are able to get the
information straight before/while it hits the backend.

cheers,
oliver