[Zope] VHost logs.

Oliver Bleutgen Oliver Bleutgen <myzope@gmx.net>
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 19:04:29 +0100

> Jason C. Leach wrote:

>> hi,
>>
>> Has anyone implemented there own logging for Virtual Sites?
>>
>> I was thinking in the site rules an External Method could be called,
>> passed the Request obj, and from that generate logs for virtual sites.
>>
>> If anyone has done that, or knows of a better way I'd be interested in
>> hearing it.

> I'm not exactly sure what your goal is... but if you're just trying to
> generate separate log files for each of your virtual sites, I'm
> accomplishing
> that by having my virtual sites proxied behind Apache (using SiteAccess
> and
> the ProxyPass directive) and specifying the log files for each VirtualHost
> in
> my httpd.conf file.  You can control the contents of the logs using the
> LogFormat directive; I use the same format for all of my virtual hosts,
> but I
> think you can specify a different log format for each host if you desire.

> If you're trying to accomplish something else which requires you to handle
> the
> logging on the Zope side of things, then it seems to me that your idea
> would
> work, although I'd want to find out how my server performance would be
> affected...

I also would prefer to split the log via regexp-filters just before doing
statistics or rotating (ie. not in zope). A pure logfile doesn't reveal
useful informations anyway without some processing.

Related question:
Is there away to stop zope's logging, as apache as proxy
logs fine for me?

cheers,
oliver