[Zope] ZCatalog and dates

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 23:41:49 +0100 (CET)

James Sintz writes:
 > I have a ZCatalog set up to index a date field and a title field.
 > If I do a search for both meta_type of "news" a date of 2000/11/16 in the
 > goLiveDate field the results page returns "There was no data matching this
 > Catalog query"....
Zope uses "DateTime" object to hold date and time.

When you render such an object, you see just the date portion.
But there is a time portion as well. It is quite difficult
to make a query, where the dates match exactly.

You will probably need range queries to search for dates
(--> ZopeBook, Advances ZCatalog HowTo).

Dieter