[Zope] Re:External Methods

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 23:49:58 +0100 (CET)

Kini Natekar writes:
 > I am currently running a external method .This method
 > calls a python script using the following line
 >
 >    <a
 > href=\"http://localhost/cgi-bin/test.py?%s+%s\">%s</a>"
 > %(name,age,gender)
 >
 > Instead of calling the python script we want to add
 > the script as an external method in zope.The problem
 > we are currently facing is in generating the above
 > link dynamically.
 >
 > How do we solve the above problem ?
In fact, I do not understand what your problem is:

  you mention an external method, a script and a link.
  It is unclear (for me) what the relation between
  these entities is.

What is the difficulty to generate the above link?
Do you want to do it in DTML and you have problems
to integrate the '"'?
In this chase, use "\042", the octal excape for '"'.

Dieter