[Zope] LocalFS manage_addFolder solution?

Dan L. Pierson dan@sol.control.com
02 Oct 2000 11:08:15 -0500

"jensebaer" <jensebaer@hotmail.com> writes:

> > Folder creation isn't really supported in LocalFS at the moment.  Very
> > low level support is there (module function _save_Folder) but it's not
> > intended to be called externally and there doesn't seem to be any path
> > to call it.  There is certainly not a local definition of
> > manage_addFolder in LocalDirectory.  This is on my list of stuff to do
> > for our site, but I don't know if it's on Jonothan's list for the real
> > product.
> It is. It's hard. I'm going to need some help with this one, I'm afraid.
> --jfarr
>
> My question:
>
> Is there now a solution to perfom manage_addFolder to LocalFS?

The general case _is_ hard, but special cases can be much easier.  In
an earlier message Jonothan recommended using external methods to add
folders.  We plan to take this approach for our use.  For one thing it
makes enforcing our site policies much easier than a general approach.