[Zope] Newbie with little questions about Zope

J. Atwood jatwood@bwanazulia.com
Thu, 05 Oct 2000 12:04:32 -0400

> From: Antonio Navarro Navarro <hostmaster@bemarnet.es>
> Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 16:35:37 +0200
> To: zope@zope.org
> Subject: [Zope] Newbie with little questions about Zope
>
> Hi All !
>
> I am a newbie in the Zope world. I've benn working several years with IIS,
> Apache, Perl, ASP, PHP, etc.. in Windows and Unix environments, and want to
> try Zope, but have some questions about it.
>
> 1.- Can I made virtual hosts (www.domain1.com, www.domain2.com, and so on)
> using the Zope web server, or must I use Apache and install pcgi ?

Yes. The product to do this is called SiteAccess and I have been running it
for 10 months (5 sites) with no problems.

> 2.- Where can I find information about running Zope + Zserver + Php +
> PostgreSQL under Linux ?

Search for PHP on Zope.org. Zserver is Zope (part of) and there are database
connectors (a couple) for PostgreSQL (been using that for 10 months as
well).

> 3.- I have installed Zope from the rpms and works fine, but I'm unable to
> change the HTTP port from 8080 to 80. When I made the change and then
> restart Zope, I can see during a few seconds two processes running with the
> new port (-w 80) but after a few seconds the server stpos.

Send the error but my 90% guess is that you already have apache running on
the system at port 80 and they are fighting for the port. Look for 'httpd'
under top.

Cheers,