[Zope] client proxy setting

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 7 Oct 2000 13:38:31 +0200 (CEST)

TMGB writes:
 > Can I get the user's client proxy setting using 'REQUEST' or some other
 > syntax, product, or utility.  This is not Proxy Roles or ProxyPass, but
 > the client's proxy settings if any.  I am working on a help page to
 > debug a user's settings if he or she can't get to certain pages with our
 > proxy server settings on their browser.
I am not sure, I understand what you want to know.

I you mean:

  how is the browser's proxie configuration: manually, direct connection
  or automatic (with what configuration file).
  Then, I fear, you will not get this information.

If you want to know, which proxie was used for a given request,
then there is some chance.
Some proxies set the HTTP "VIA" header. Inside Zope, you
access it as "HTTP_VIA". It can tell you through which proxies
the request was routed.

Dieter