[Zope] DTML Method not working

complaw@hal-pc.org complaw@hal-pc.org
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 16:54:01 GMT

> Is the code you used in a DTML Method or a DTML Document?

I had it in a DTML Method.  It was in the standard public interface index_html
that is a DTML method.

> Is it in a DTML Method being called from a DTML Document?

No, the standard_html_header calls the method.  Actually, I just copied the
code/instructions from the Zope Book (http://www.zope.org/Members/michel/ZB/).
Incidentally, once I put your <dtml-with ... modification, it worked just fine.
Thanks!

This however, begs (a newbie's) question as to how to get a listing of the
current folder's contents.  I.e., using a DTML Method (such as the stadard
index_html), what changes to the code that you provided would look up the
current container's (folder) objects?  Wouldn't you use something like PARENT,
i.e., the parent object of the DTML method that is used to render the web page?
Or would you simply modify the   I'm going to suggest to the author of the
upcoming Zope book to add a little of your explanation here, as it would be very
instructive.

You helped.  Thanks very much.

Ron
 ./.