[Zope] What happened to the Zope IE Editor effort?

Joachim Werner joe@iuveno.de
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 00:52:15 +0200

Hi!

I just got reminded of the Zope Internet Explorer WYSIWYG editor. It still
can be found at

http://www.zope.org/Members/johanc/ZIE

... and for anybody using IE 5.x it is a very cool thing, even if it is just
intended to be a basic demo.

I'd like to know if anybody is still working on that thing/actively using
it?

As far as I remember, the project was somewhat halted because it was a
parallel effort to the Mozilla-based Zope Studio. But then, Zope Studio is
also not very actively worked on, and Mozilla is still not ready for prime
time ...

To have a "plug-in" WYSIWYG HTML editing widget for both IE and
Netscape/Mozilla would be an important improvement for the content
management functionality of Zope. I've seen a couple of similar tools
around, and it doesn't seem to be impossible to implement this for the two
main browsers (and let an automatic browser detection do the rest). Anybody
interested?

Joachim.