[Zope] Bizarre ZMySQLDA problem...

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 17:35:37 +0100

Hi all,
I've just installed Zope-2.2.1 onto a clean Solaris 8 machine. I've
built Python 1.5.2 from source and have MySQL 3.22 on the server.

I've compiled up the ZMySQLDA product and put the MySQLModule.so in
the correct place (ie one directory up from the src directory).

I've restarted the Zope server, checked that ZMySQLDA is not broken
and created a connection:
test@localhost root

I've created a ZSQL method that is essnetially 'select * from
my_table' (and there *is* data in this table).

The DA reports:
There was no data matching this Z MySQL Database Connection (connected) query.

The same query produces a flood of data from the mysql monitor.

I'm totally baffled here, and would really appreciate any advice...

Tone
------
Dr Tony McDonald,  FMCC, Networked Learning Environments Project
http://nle.ncl.ac.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 222 5116
A Zope list for UK HE/FE  http://www.fmcc.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/zope