[Zope] locking help

Mike Renfro renfro@tntech.edu
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 13:09:53 -0500

On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 04:58:46PM +0930, Mark Twiddy wrote:

> Can someone please tell me what is going on. while querying a
> postgres database i am unable to access any crap from zope. I have
> tried creating a db connection in a enternal method and querying
> through that but it still locks and wont serve any requests.

Don't know if this will help, but my Zope/Postgresql experience has
gone remarkably well.

I have the following packages installed on an otherwise regular Debian
2.2 machine:

libpgsql2         7.0.2-6     Shared library libpq.so.2 for PostgreSQL
postgresql        7.0.2-6     Object-relational SQL database, descended fr
postgresql-client 7.0.2-6     Front-end programs for PostgreSQL
postgresql-dev    7.0.2-6     Header files for libpq (postgresql library)
postgresql-doc    7.0.2-6     Documentation for the PostgreSQL database.
python-pygresql   7.0.2-6     PostgreSQL module for Python
zope              2.2.2-1     The Z Object Publishing Environment
zope-pygresqlda   0.3rjr2-1   A Zope Database Adapter for PostgreSQL

Between those packages, following the PostgreSQL tutorial at
postgresql.org, and following the Z SQL Methods User's Guide
(http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Guides/ZSQL-HTML/ZSQL.html), I'm
working fine. Where are the actual errors?

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro@tntech.edu