[Zope] Help with a DTML expression/comparison

Rudd-O Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) Gerente de desarrollo Alpha Omega Creative Solutions http:"//www.alomega.com/" <amadorm@usm.edu.ec>
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 15:56:02 -0500

Hey to everyone,

I'm shooting myself in the foot here with this
construct:

<select name="begin_day" size="1">
   <dtml-in "_.range(1,32,1)">
      <option value="&dtml-sequence-item;"

      <dtml-if expr="begin_day == _.getitem('sequence-
item')">
         selected
         </dtml-if>
      >&dtml-sequence-item;</option>

   </dtml-in>
</select>

Inserting with dtml-var any of begin_day or sequence-
item yields at some point the same result, logically.
I'm trying to make the form field default to a formerly
specified value.

BUT, the comparison between the two, won't work.  Even
comparing two _.getitems doesn't work.  So it's
expected that at no point does the selected property
appear in my html source.

Please help.  I'm shooting myself in the foot here.

Thanks in advance,

        Manuel

   Universidad Federico Santa Maria - Campus Guayaquil