[Zope] SybaseDA and ASA

Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) amador@alomega.com
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 00:35:57 -0500

--------------4F0EE1BD500E5B9B39AA5073

Hey everyone,

first, let me thank you for all the help you've provided.  Every reply
was fast, efficient and right to the point.

Second:

I've installed zope 2.2.2, and compiled sy_occ.so for SybaseDA against
sybase-common-cantrememberversion.rpm from Sybase.  (I assume it's the
latest one).  Loading python and importing sy_occ works perfectly.

BUT, I can't create a SybaseDA SQL connection object .  Specifically,
trying to create it sez connection failed.  I've tried EVERY POSSIBLE
parameter combination on the creation form.  None worked.

By the way, I'm using Adaptive Server Anywhere for linux, 6.0.3.  It is
NOT ASE.  It is ASA.

Does sy_occ work with ASA, or only with ASE?  Any experiences?

--
Manuel Amador (Rudd-O)

--------------4F0EE1BD500E5B9B39AA5073

Hey everyone,
reply was fast, efficient and right to the point.
sybase-common-cantrememberversion.rpm from Sybase.&nbsp; (I assume it's
the latest one).&nbsp; Loading python and importing sy_occ works perfectly.
trying to create it sez connection failed.&nbsp; I've tried EVERY&nbsp;POSSIBLE
parameter combination on the creation form.&nbsp; None worked.
It is NOT&nbsp;ASE.&nbsp; It is ASA.
<pre>--&nbsp;
Manuel Amador (Rudd-O)</pre>
&nbsp;</html>