[Zope] Re: Upload just file headers?

Thu, 12 Oct 2000 11:11:41 +0100

On Wed, 11 Oct 2000 15:41:16 -0700 (PDT), knight
<knight@righteous.net> wrote:

>    infilename = REQUEST.form['attached_file'].filename  # Get filename
>    infile = REQUEST.form['attached_file']     # Get the file descriptor
>    myheader = infile.read(500)    # Read up to 500 bytes
>    infile.close()                 # Close the stream
>
>This should be in an external method or product.
>
>I haven't tested whether or not this will only let the client upload the
>first 500 bytes

Im sure it wont

>it's very possible zope takes in the entire file, and
>puts it into a buffer that is like a file descriptor (hence StringIO).

File uploads are spooled into a temporary file, and the request is
only dispatched into Zope once the whole request has arrived.

Anything smarter than that will require some ZServer hacking.

Toby Dickenson
tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com