[Zope] Need preferred 'import' format for ReportLab Image module

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 17:18:28 +0100

At 2:37 pm +0200 12/10/00, Rik Hoekstra wrote:
>  > > to reply to Andy? In my own reportlab distribution I changed;
>>  > import Image
>>  > from PIL import Image
>>
>>  Well, it sounds right and if it works then it probably is ;-) It
>>  probably depends exactly where you install PIL, though, which I haven't
>>  done yet :-S
>
>The Photo product and the ExtImage products do more or less the same - this
>seems to become the standard way. It would be nice to have one place to put
>PIL, though. the lib/python/shared directory would be a good place I think.
>
>Rik

Is this because you're thinking of the binary releases of Zope?

If you're using the reportlab libraries, then you've probably
installed them into /usr/local/lib/python1.5/site-packages (ie you're
used to using source distributions). If you can do that, you're
probably ok with putting PIL into lib/python/shared. So why not have
it in site-packages?

Or have I missed something obvious (I probably have - it's been a looong day).

tone
------
Dr Tony McDonald,  FMCC, Networked Learning Environments Project
http://nle.ncl.ac.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 222 5116
A Zope list for UK HE/FE  http://www.fmcc.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/zope