[Zope] <dtml-if> and <dtml-var> question

complaw@hal-pc.org complaw@hal-pc.org
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 21:24:11 GMT

First, thanks for the help these last several days.  I'm glad to report that I
have a useful Zope site up and running that is the envy of the law firm.

Now its time to get a little fancy.  Unfortunately, after having read the DTML
Reference, and the Zope Quick Reference, I still haven't been able to figure out
how to get today's date into a dtml-var.  Case in point:

I want to put a table of dates and hyperlinks.  If the day has already passed, I
want to shade the table cell (<td bgcolor="gray">).  In this case, the object
has a date property called event_date.

	  <dtml-if expr="event_date < DateTime()">
	  <dtml-else>
	  </dtml-if>

The above code gives me a NameError.

Another example would be to simply get the integer value of the year so that it
can be included in a copyright statement.  E.g.,

Copyright &copy; <dtml-var Year()>, All rights reserved.

Unfortunately, this doesn't work either.