[Zope] Fw: mysqldb

Oleg Broytmann phd@phd.dada.ru
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 12:59:25 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 13 Oct 2000, Dale Lance wrote:
> anyone know where mysqlclient is supposed to be?
>
> > gcc -shared  _mysqlmodule.o  -L/usr/local/mysql/lib -lmysqlclient -o
> > _mysqlmodule.so
> > /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmysqlclient

   It supposed to be in the /usr/local/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient.so. Check
to see it's there. It is usually symlink to libmysqlclient.so.6.23.13 or
such. If it is not - find it on your system and put the directory to -L
flag, e.g

gcc -shared _mysqlmodule.o -L/usr/local/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient -o _mysqlmodule.so

----
    Oleg Broytmann      Foundation for Effective Policies      phd@phd.russ.ru