[Zope] Medusa Monitor

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 22:20:54 +0200 (CEST)

Hung Jung Lu writes:
 > I know that, the stupid log file thingy. But you'll have to write an
 > independent thread to display the log file (or peek the file manually each
 > time), or implement some CString stuff to capture the file output (if that
 > is possible).
As I understand it, the logging module can be customized to stuck
its log into a variable in Zope itself, viewable through the
web. You may search the list archive to find the corresponding post.
Maybe, you find it, too, via zope.org.

 > It'll be more fun if all this is already done, and the user can just tap
 > into the monitor console screen (even remotely).
 >
 > A good monitor should actually display hit information, memory usage, etc,
 > and preferably with charts, all in real time. Too much to ask? I don't think
 > so. :)
Of cause, you can ask for it. However, someone must implement it.

Dieter