[Zope] Need help with date comparisons

Jason Spisak 444@hiretechs.com
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 06:34:21 GMT

Jonathan:

You can try:

<dtml-in "['January', 'February', 'March', 'April',
	   'May', 'June', 'July', 'August', 'September',
	   'October', 'November', 'December']">
 <dtml-if "event_date.Month() == _['sequence-item']">
  <dtml-var event_date>
 </dtml-if>
</dtml-in>

The source for DateTime() is pretty easy to follow.  You can look for you
format's there.

All my best,

> Hi all again.
>
> I have a blank in my mind where I hoped the answer might be to this
> probably straightforward exercise.
>
> I have a zclass containing a date property called event_date.
>
> I want a page that loops through the months of the year, starting with
> the current month, and in each loop displays all the instances from the
> catalog with an event_date within the month in question.
>
> I just get stuck, completely stuck, trying to get the month value from
> the event_date and to compare it with the current month value.
>
> Anyone done this or something like this? Is this hard or am I a bit, you
> know, dense?
>
> thanks
>
> Jonathan

Jason Spisak